HIVE would like to hear the views of the Service community about the information service we provide. Please take our short survey here



If you are a subscriber to HIVE blogs, we want to let you know that UK data protection law changes on 25 May 2018 when the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect. This new legislation gives you more control over how your data is used.

We are taking this opportunity to update our subscription sign up options to make sure we provide our HIVE blog readers with the information they want, when they want to receive it. This means that if you are already a subscriber, emails you currently receive will stop and all readers will have the opportunity to sign up for new email updates as soon as the new subscription option is in place.

You can withdraw your permission to receive our emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email you receive from us.

Friday, 18 November 2016

London Victory Services Club - Welfare And Respite For Service Personnel

Victory Services Club (VSC)

We are very proud of the Respite and Welfare initiative that we offer, which provides a stay in the Capital for nominated personnel of all ranks. These breaks are intended to offer welcome respite for personnel wounded or injured on Operational Service, or for individuals who have encountered a significant welfare issue.
Further information is available at this link

and the Respite and Welfare initiative brochure is available here:

Wednesday, 16 November 2016

Monday, 14 November 2016

Applying for a School Place within Hampshire County Councils Local Authority area

November is the month that parents can first apply for a school place if their child is due to start school in the following September, or needs a Year 3 place in a junior school.
The County Council processes more than 30,000 applications for infant, junior and primary school places every year, across more than 400 schools.
Applying for a school place for their child is an exciting and important prospect for parents. It is straightforward to complete your application online.  

How do I apply for a school place?
If your child lives within Hampshire County Council’s local authority area, you can apply to any publicly-funded Hampshire school online.
If you do not have access to the internet you can request a paper application form from a Hampshire school.

For more information, please follow this link:

Monday, 7 November 2016

Health and Education Resettlement Guide

 When you leave military services you become responsible for registering for your own and your family's health care support through local GPs, dentists etc.  This useful guide produced by the Career Transition Partnership will help you find out more about health services available to you. 
Dentist - This section gives advice on how to find a dentist in your area and considerations to be made when selecting one. It also includes advice on how to register and what charges to expect to pay. There are links to useful websites too.

Doctor - You never know when you or a member of your family will become ill or need advice so you should always be registered with a family doctor so that they have access to your medical records and know about any previous treatment you may have had.

NHS and private care options are available throughout the UK and you should thoroughly research local provision in the area you are settling in.

To view the complete guide, CLICK HERE